1) First 11 days are best for getting babies into tight curled-up poses.
2) Pictures should be taken in a warm room. A warm baby is a sleepy baby, and a sleepy baby makes for great photos.
3) Though you may be tired, know that most moms and dads love the family shots the most! Consider in advance whether you want to be in the photos and commit to it.
4) Do you want to travel or have a photographer come to you? A photographer who comes to your home instead of having you travel to a studio can save you and your newborn a lot of stress. Both photos below were taken in my client's home.
5) When choosing clothing for the shoot, think about the colors of your home so that the artwork can be seamlessly integrated into your décor.